|MEMBERSHIP | BUILDING PHOTOS | ART CLASSES | MEMBER PROFILES | CALENDAR | GALLERY | HISTORY | CATERING | GIFT SHOP | AFFILIATES|
The Salmagundi Christmas Ornament Project 2016
Parlor, October 01, 2016 - November 26, 2016
SCNY Members Only.
As we prepare to celebrate our 100-year anniversary at the Fifth Avenue clubhouse we are asking members to create an ornament to be displayed on our Holiday tree. All artist and lay members are asked to join in the project. Ornaments will be donated to the club and saved for reuse in the future.
Please use your imagination and talents to decorate a plain Christmas tree ball or to create an entirely hand-made ornament. There are a few guidelines to ensure that the ornaments last and can be safely stored into standard ornament boxes.
1. The ornament must be able to be stored in a 4 x 4 x4 inch storage compartment.
2. Use caution when selecting materials. Ornaments that are too fragile, have friabe media, or contain perishable materials will not be good candidates for longevity.
3. The ornament must have a hanging attachment, such as a loop, or a place where we may attach a standard ornament hook.
4. Ornaments must be signed. This will help us identify the creator in the future and our members and visitors will enjoy matching ornaments to members they know.
5. Ornaments must be received at the Club by 29 October 2016. If sending your ornament please place the wording ATTENTION: ORNAMENT on the package.
In the spirit of the Holidays we will celebrate the joy of creativity and the pleasure of having your work be a part of the Club and its holiday festivities. There will be no jurying, judging, or awards. All are welcome to participate. We hope to have a fascinating ornament collection to make this an exciting holiday display to be admired by one and all!